Crochet a Free People-like Bag

 This gurl loves bags and crochet.  

I recently spied a Free People bag but the price tag was a bit rich so I decided to make my own.  The only thing lacking is the sequin interior lining which I'm currently shopping for.

I used the crochet grocery bag pattern found here and added a few more rows to the body and strap.  I'm loving the ombre' dying technique lately and decided to use it on the bag.  [Look below for a link to purchase a pre-made bag if you can't crochet.]


I dug around my stash for some bits of lace, studs, bling and added them to the strap along with a hot pink pom pom.


I'm lovin' it and can't wait to add the sequin interior lining!

UPDATE:


Added the sequin lining!!!

ps.  If you don't know how to crochet, you can purchase a pre-made bag, ombre' dye it and add the bling and lining.