Seriously. Don't Drink & Drive.

A picture CAN really be worth a thousand words.

This gurl is kinda shaken but writing about it helps.

About 8pm last night, I was gleefully croshaying a rabbit for Easter when I heard a BOOM, then metal scraping on pavement and then the power went out.

I ran outside and heard a man screaming 'Help me!"  
I scrambled for my phone and called 911, all the while running to the scene just yards from my front door and telling the dispatcher what just occurred.  

I couldn't believe what I saw.  

The power pole was literally broken in half and the electrical lines laid over the top of an overturned truck.  
A man was trapped inside pleading for help.  

I kept telling him that I called 911 and he kept begging me not to.

I thought, 

'Too late dude.  You just took out a powerline, cable tv and internet for miles.  
If you have super human powers and can turn back time, I'd do it now.  
Be Brave.  Accept Responsibility.'

Miraculously, he crawled out of the back of the cab with hardly a scratch but was clearly intoxicated.

Within minutes, there were 6 ambulances and 2 sheriffs on the scene.

He tried to run, but a neighbor subdued him.
Clearly, this guy was in BIG trouble.

You get the gist.

Luckily, there wasn't anyone else in the cab with him 
and no one was running or walking on the road.

He's lucky to be alive.

So are a lot of other people.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Whoa, Maize. What a story. Guy deserves all that the law will hopefully throw at him. Glad you and bubha were not out walking down the road. Love, Esther