PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

In The Shape of A Heart--Wire Wastebasket DIY




It's that time of year when this gurl starts thinkin' 'bout the next holiday--Valentine's Day.

I found these great red wire wastebaskets at the $Tree and thought I'd cross stitch a heart on it, but tossed that idea out and opted for simplicity.


I used a 2.5mm hook and slip chained across the top with a single crochet.  
When you get to the end, connect it to the first chain at the beginning of the row.
  
The second row edge is chain five then skip four and slip chain to top in the next chain and continue around until you get to the end.  Connect with a slip stitch and fasten off.  

I then braided a long piece of yarn and wove it through in the shape of a heart.  


I'm pretty thrilled with out it turned out.  

Hope you enjoy makin' one!