PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Revival of the Pineapple Bowl


This gurl has OFFICIALLY DECLARED, by declaration on this here blog post, hereby and forthwith--

2014 the YEAR OF THE PINEAPPLE!
(what's left of it anywayz)

There are some who declare Foxes, Anchors, Hedgehogs and such as 'THEIR' year--so why not a Pineapple?

Dee inspired me to skip on down to the thrifts in search of those wooden bowls gatherin' dust on the shelves of misfits.  
You know the ones.  
Ya see 'em all the time.
Fer cheap.

  It never occurred to me that simply givin' 'em a coat of paint could TOTALLY change their life!  

DUH!


First, I painted the inside of each bowl with gold leaf.

Not a Pineapple, but Leafy lookin' bowls are cool too!

Then I used different colors of acrylic and painted just the top portion of each bowl with several coats.  

After each one was dry, I sprayed 'em with a coat of clear paint. 



After the clear coat dried, I rubbed the base side with olive oil to restore the natural look of the wood.

Aren't they gorgeous--in that 'mid-century modern' way?


More pineapples, here,  here, (of course I'm gonna croshay a Pineapple!), a croshayed bag, how 'bout a tea cozy,  or a scarf and ooooooo this one!

No comments: