PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

A simpler time

I want to live in a place and time where women are admired for their role as a housewife and mother. I want to go out into my garden and cut a beautiful bouquet of flowers and pick yummy vegetables every evening. I want to put on an apron, set the table and sit down to a wonderful dinner that I prepared.

I want to wear a pretty dress with gloves and an adorable hat and carry a handbag when I go to the market.
I'd like to go to the butcher and hear him say "Good morning Mrs. Hutton" and reply "Good morning Mr. Jones. Lovely day today isn't it?"

I'd like to see more people smile and open doors for each other. I want to see kids out playing in the neighborhood. I want to have neighborhood bbqs and parties and listen to everyone laughing, playing croquet and having fun.

I want to write lovely handwritten letters on pretty stationary and mail them in beautiful envelopes. I want to anticipate something wonderful and wait patiently for it's arrival.

Ahhhh a girl can dream....

6 comments:

Jen said...

I think Louis Armstrong said it best...

"And I said to myself...

What a wonderful world!"

Tricia said...

Yes, what a lovely life that would be.

Anonymous said...

Please let me know if this dream comes true, I'll be right there with you. I never wanted my life to be any more complicated than they were on the Dick Van Dyke show.

Anonymous said...

That is beautiful in theory, isn't it. I guess we all have to find that same peace in our own realities. I try to harvest that simplicity in every way I can, but that fits into a busy family of 5! Smiles to you!, Heather

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful dream it is!

Kristy said...

Can I dream with you?