PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Thrifted Doilies Become a Valance

I've been collecting doilies I've found at St. V's for several years. Some are crocheted, some are tatted. I just can't believe they're priced so low and I refuse to leave these 25 cent works of art lying around in a thrift store. My stash is getting rather large. I've been trying to think of ways to use them. Ideas are ranging from aprons, bags, or simply framing them. While I was organizing my office, I decided some would look cool as a valance on the window.

I used small pins to hang them. Of course, the weather won't cooperate to allow me a good pic, so this is as good as it gets.

I'm happy to hear you're enjoying the doll pattern. I'd love to see what everyone comes up with. My pattern was featured on Craftzine last week. Two other DIY projects, my Bleach Pen Jeans and child's Dollar Tree Camera were also featured there last year. It's a great crafty resource.

I've been trying to figure out how to customize my blog better. I'd like a picture in the header and a different background, but because I'm not a techie I guess I'll have to purchase the book HTML for Dummies...unless there's anyone out there who can give me a hint. :-)

2 comments:

Diane said...

I've been working on pimpin' my blog. If you would like I can send you the link to the tutorial that I used.

Stephanie said...

If you have any questions, I'm happy to help. I've worked on my blog at blogger before and customized it.

http://mrsjack.blogspot.com/