PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

The Maize Crown Affair


I've been wrestling with making a felt crown. This is the first prototype. I think it's too elaborate and was a real pain to cut and sew around the top. The next version will be much simpler. I'm going to punch eyelets on each end and run a ribbon through them so it can be adjusted to the head size. I think a big pink organdy ribbon would be wonderful.

Since I'm the Queen of the house, I should have one! Don'tcha think?

4 comments:

Dawn said...

You'll have to check out my diva crown at my place.
I'm now thinking that I should make myself a queen crown as well...because it's good to be queen, you know?
Love the top of yours..looks like a little work, though.
Happy Monday!

Princess of Everything (and then some) said...

OMG....I am IN LOVE with it!! I think I will have to make me one too!

Junie Moon said...

Oh, I love your crown. I do not know why, but I've been so attracted to the whole idea of crowns this year. I even bought a silly rhinestone crown pin at the Tucson Gem & Mineral Show that I pin on whatever I'm wearing (even pajamas) when I'm having a less-than-stellar day--I decided it would make me feel special on those days. Anyway, your crown is ever so much fun!

Anonymous said...

How INCREDIBLE!!! What is it lately... I have been dreaming of crowns too. Can't wait to see your new versions, the ribbon idea sounds way too cute!