PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

The San Francisco Treat

We've returned from our little weekend in San Francisco. We had great weather. It was a bit windy but it was nice. The race was really fun. I didn't see as many costumes as I have in the past. My favorite was the centipede of salmon who were running against all of us, ya know...swimming upstream to spawn? Pretty funny.

We also had a chance to check out the newly remodeled Ferry Terminal which now houses a select group of stores. Buck noticed that the sign for these flowers stated they were "sustainable" and couldn't quite figure out what that meant. He didn't want to ask either as he probably would have cracked up laughing. I mean, they're cut, how can they sustain themselves?

I've never seen this many sea lions in a public area. Obviously, they're doing rather well as there were literally hundreds of them fighting for their spot on the dock.

C'mon. You can't visit San Francisco without taking a picture of a trolly.

And no trip is complete without going to the Buena Vista for an Irish coffee. Well... make that 3 Irish coffees.

We also went to Alcatraz. I'll show you pictures of that tomorrow.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yea, Your back!

Anonymous said...

I live in the Houston, TX area and my DH and I went to SF last August. I loved it! Loved seeing your pictures. We stayed at the Hyatt that is across the street from the Ferry Building. The Ferry Bldg. was one of my favorite places to go! Enjoy reading your blog. Linda

Anonymous said...

So glad you had fun! I am sooo
jealous though! You know that is my old stompin' ground. Yeah, baby - Buena Vista has the best Irish Coffees ever!!!!
Love, Esther Anie

Charlotta-love said...

Can't wait for the pics tomorrow. I have always wanted to visit Alcatraz. I've been to SF a few times but never to Alcatraz.

Anonymous said...

Oooh I just got back from San Fran last month, your pic's remind me of my own :)