PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

What we're startin' with...

This is the lot across from my apartment which will soon be the community garden called "Sprout" that I'm organizing. The side of the building was tagged (nice...) so I'm planning on having some high school art students paint a mural on it for the garden....but there's a federally funded renter and I'm told the bureaucrats won't let us paint over it, so I guess I'll just have the kids "tag" it back in the middle of the night...only an approved design...something more beautiful than spray painting letters...

Here's the lot looking east. We're planning on fencing it and having a little "poo park" for doggies near the alley. The Humane Society is donating bags and a bag dispenser for people to pick up after their dogs. There's already a garbage bin there and I'm hoping to paint that ugly green thing too!

Everything is starting to come together. Now...if the weather would cooperate! The forecast calls for pain....aka snow for...get this... the next 10, yes I said 10 days! Argh! Enough already!

No comments: