PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

No Shampoo in Afghanistan


Ya know what? I'm sooooo busy worshiping celebrities and playin' the latest computer games these days that I just don't have time to pay attention to basic needs. Especially the basic needs of of our troops serving in a war zone. So what if they're livin' in a tent, sleeping in a bag with holes in their socks and they don't have any shampoo! Who gives a rip?!

Oh! Did a bunch of troops die in Afghanistan last week? Whata I care? I've got more important things to worry about like stuffing my face. Hand me a sandwich, munch, munch, munch.

I don't watch the news because it's just all stupid stuff anywayz and I'd rather watch TMZ to find out the latest gossip about celebrities and what kinda trouble they're gettin' into. Did you hear about Jon & Kate? And Mel Gibson's girlfriend just had his baby! Oh, I can't wait to see her! Who's winnin' on Amazing Race? I'm just too busy watchin' reality shows to listen or read anything important these days 'cause I'd rather have my head in the sand instead of payin' attention to bad stuff like that.

*************
Here's reality for ya. Received an email from my son in Afghanistan today. He needs shampoo because they don't have any he can buy. They also don't have razors, foot spray, socks, or blankets, but they can buy a head scarf and pomegranates from the locals. That'll keep them clean, warm and safe--- no doubt! In the meantime, I'll sit here patiently awaiting our "Leader's" decision on what he's gonna do over there. I'm sure he will make it alllllll better. Maybe they'll get lucky and he'll send them some shampoo.

1 comment:

Jill said...

Hi! Just came across your blog tonight! I doubt the shampoo situation has changed... if you're looking to send out shampoo, I recommend a solid shampoo. The little pucks from lush are equivalent to about 750ml of shampoo and work great!