A Thrifty Organizer

The New Year always brings about the need for organization.

I absolutely hate filing.  I despise it with a passion and I never seem to be able to keep track of all of those receipts I'll eventually need when I want to return something.

The other day I was looking around the thrift store for ideas on organizing, when I spotted a wire dish washing rack.  Files fit perfectly in it and I can put pencils and pens in the silverware bucket.  
I also found some pretty files at Michaels for a $1.  

The pretty files make is so much more appealing to do that oh so boring chore and I can pick up the entire rack and move it when I want to!
Any thrifty tips on what you're using for various things you need to organize? 

Also, someone asked for a download of the labels I created for the Spread the Love Butter.  
 You can find it here.     



Princess of Everything (and then some) said...

SWEET!! I really do like that! I also like that you have reused!

Tassie said...

I am so on that!!! I am going out this weekend and I am going to find a dish drainer.... thanks for the idea!!!

Mlissabeth said...

I love this! Thanks for sharing your great idea. I'm thinking I may even use it at my job at school.

Heather - Dollarstorecrafts.com said...

Okay, another one I linked to at the DSC fb page :) Great idea - love how you made a mundane task happy & fun!

booturtle said...

Great idea! My files are far too unattractive for such display; however, tucking them away doesn't seem to be productive. :/ I found a dishrack at a thrift store and used it to keep all my kids books tidy in the car. Love finding new purposes for castaways.


ms Joyce said...

Golly gee wow .. great .. hate to file ..BUT .. LOVE PRETTY FILE FOLDERS .. wonder if the local Thrift store has a dish drainer .. or 2.

nila1920 said...

love love love this! genuis!