PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Pisa & Rome

Mom at Fountain of Trevi

I was chatting with my mom the other day about her trip to Europe, and she told me she'd kept letters and postcards she'd sent to my grandparents while she was on her tour.  
She also said she'd kept her original train tickets and I believe the ticket for the ship. 
She's sending everything to me so I can digitize it.  
I thought it'd be great to include them in the book I'm making for her. 
I'll be sure to share them once they arrive. 

Train Station Pisa

This is the train station in Pisa.  Mom's the one sitting on the bench in shorts.  
I think that's the one and only picture I have of her in anything other than a dress or skirt.

Church and Baptismal Font

Church & Baptismal Font Pisa


Tower of Pisa

And, of course, the famous Leaning Tower of Pisa.  I've never been there, but I'd love to see it.

St. Peter's Square Rome

This is St. Peter's Square in Rome.

I remember when my brother and I took a bus from Germany to Venice.  When we arrived at the Italian border, we had to stop to pay a toll.  The tour guide told us that most of the toll money collected at the border goes to the Pope.   I don't know if that's true or not but if it is, that's a lot of money!

Spanish Steps Rome


Roman Bridge & Tiber River

Roman Bridge Tiber River

Greek Stadium built by Mussolini

Greek Stadium built by Mussolini

Fountains Roman Square

Fountains in the Roman Square

Inside Pantheon Rome

Inside the Pantheon - Rome


Tomb of the Unknown Soldier - Rome

More of Italy coming up.

No comments: