PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

My Mollie Makes Haberdashery Box


This gurl subscribes to Mollie Makes magazine and with every issue I receive a little haberdashery item.  

I decided I needed something to store all of my little crafty cuties in, so I purchased a wood box from Michaels for about a dollar.  

I didn't have any wood stain, so I bought liquid brown shoe polish from the Dollar Tree to stain the wood.   

It's the first time I've tried using shoe polish on wood and it worked out rather well.  
The bottle has a sponge on top, so it was easy to apply without any muss or fuss.

Then, I traced the 'M' (quite appropriate for moi) from the cover of the magazine and used my trusty wood burner tool.


Inside, I glued some vintage thrifted wallpaper and a cut out from one of the little packages I received with the magazine.


I've accumulated lovely ribbon, handmade with love tags, buttons, a crochet hook, and a pair of scissors. 


 It's a lovely little place to store my Mollie Makes Haberdashery, don'tcha think?