PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

My Daughter's DIY Wedding Part One: The Girls



Eeep!!!

Love this shot of the bouquets I crocheted!


All the girls are wearin' the sunnies I made them.

I made my daughter's dress with this pattern.
She took apart my lace Gunne Sax wedding dress and I hand stitched some of it to the bodice. 
My daughter made her birdcage veil.

We purchased these white sundresses from Old Navy for the bridesmaids and I dyed them to the colors my daughter wanted.


I crocheted a hanger for each of the girl's dresses and then embroidered their names on twill tape.



We made the backdrop for the stage from ripped up vintage sheets.  
The floor is covered in vintage wallpaper.











My daughter and I stamped kraft paper bags with 'Love Potion' and filled them with paper confetti. Each guest grabbed a bag as they walked down the trail toward the ceremonial stage.

As you can see, a lot of confetti was thrown!



We spent the day before the wedding decorating all of the tables, setting up the photo booth, a kids area to play in and placed signs around directing everyone to all of the activities.   

It looked beautiful. 

Then, on the day of the wedding at 1:30 am, we were awakened to the sound of thunder, lightening and rain.  
Yeah, there was quite a bit  of frettin' goin' on.  
My brother watched the online satellite feed of the storm all morning.  

We dried everything out, fixed and replaced what we could and were determined to get the show on the road.

At about 2:00 pm, the sky opened up and we had sunshine! 

Images by
Lindsay Barrett Photography