PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Vintage Knitting & Crochet Books

Another little passion of mine is collecting vintage needlework books, especially the knitting & crochet ones. I LOVE them! Whenever I go to St. V's, the first part of the store I head for is the craft section. I've found all of these books there within the past year. I'm not even that great of a knitter. I just like to look at the pictures and imagine my GG knitting something for me from one of these books.

I'm hoping to finish Mr. Squarey from Jess Hutch's toy book this weekend. I figured if I blogged about it I'd force myself to complete it. Geez, I've got all the pieces done, just haven't put it together yet. What am I waiting for?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dearie,
thank you so much for Andy's stitch markers -- how nice you are! He was very touched. He is working on his own custom silkscreened thank you notes, of course, so it may be a while before you see that, but he was smiling big to see your prezzie, and so was I. Thank you, again, for being you, so kind.
XO, a

Jane said...

Hi, I just wanted to say that I love Jess' book, I made Squarey too and my kids are clamoring for a robot and Oddfellow now. I finished Spherey but have not attached his legs yet, poor guy. Anyway, I love your blog and your shop, your tags are awesome!

Anonymous said...

they look so cool, i like the covers of them. lol