PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Freezer Paper Stencils

I'm probably one of the last ones to get around to the freezer paper stencil craze. I've had this idea in my head of the vintage Barbie silhouette on the t-shirt, so I finally finished it the other night. If you've ever tried to use a stencil with paint, it just doesn't work very well as the paint will seep. Because the freezer paper is ironed on to your t-shirt it prevents the paint from seeping and they turn out really great. The DIY will be up shortly, so you can refer to it for instructions. I had a heck of a time finding freezer paper. They hide it in the baking supply aisle these days.

Yesterday's Crafty Karma winner is:

Karla in Oklahoma!

Your lavender sachets are on their way! And, for those of you who live out of the country and emailed me about entering, YES! I will ship international if you win.

3 comments:

bazeblog said...

how exciting! i'll be sure to enter again... you're blog is always lovely to visit anyway!

beki said...

You're not last, I still haven't tried it. Your t-shirt is fabulous! I think you've inspired me to finally give it a go ;-)

Anonymous said...

yea, I think I'm the last. So late on the freezer paper stencils that I've all but given up in favor of applique. I LOVE the barbie silhouette, looks like you did a perfect job. And I can't wait for the basket tutorial. They are tricky to write, aren't they? My basket sits front and center on my dresser, holding me hair things. Love it!