PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

A U2 kinda day...

If you're a U2 fan, you'll appreciate this post. About a month ago, my girlfriend prances into my studio with Bono hanging off her arm. I almost fell over gushing about the new bag she was carrying. Where did you get this? How was it made? I WANT ONE!!!

Turns out her friend bought it for her on Ebay. I frantically searched Ebay for the seller and found her! I sent her two copies of some Rolling Stone magazines I had and she turned it into this WONDERFUL bag! She puts clear plastic over both sides, cuts the magazines about 10 pages thick, then sews them all together. What's really cool about this bag is that the more you use it the cooler it looks. And the cost? Get this...$25 and that includes shipping! The handle is made of plastic tubing and is held in place by a grommet. You can have her make any magazine into a bag. Here's the link to her store.

When Buck saw it hanging over my shoulder he said "Oh it's, Bozo..., I mean Bobo..., um it's what's his name, oh yeah Bono?!" I just gave him the death stare. Don't be dissing my Bono man!

Of course, I'm an official U2 fan club member so I receive all the latest updates and offers. To top off my U2 day, I received an email from the club notifying me that the new U2 by U2 was on the bookstore shelves. Minutes later I was on the phone with the local B&N inquiring about copies. This baby is huge, heavy and filled with pictures. I'm going to enjoy reading it at my leisure. What a great day!

2 comments:

Junie Moon said...

This is really cool! Thanks for sharing it. It's positively amazing what creativity may be found in the world.

Tricia said...

my mouth is hanging open and I'm drooling after seiing that first pic.