PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

The felt awards

Gosh, I think I'm the only one who didn't watch the Oscars. I must have subconsciously boycotted award shows. They've become so predictable, political and, quite frankly, I haven't seen or heard anything come out of Hollywood lately that deserves an award, much less my attention. I suppose it's because everyone is in some sort of rehab. It's chic now, don't ya know?

I'd rather stitch stupid things like these little bobs than to watch the train wrecks on tv. What are they? I dunno. Maybe pins for bags, maybe magnets for my fridge, maybe a garland. Who knows! Some sort of decoration for sure. I'm just having a blast cutting and stitching colorful little circles of felt. It's satisfying me for now.

Okay...nuf, bchin. Back to stitchin.

5 comments:

LLA said...

You're not alone - I didn't watch either. I was really only interested in the dresses - and I was able to see several online photo galleries of them first thing the morning after. :)

Also - I figured that if there was one big "everyone is talking about..." moment, I'd find it on YouTube.

Love YouTube - it completely eliminates the need to watch long, drawn-out, pretentious and did-I-already-say-long ceremonies. It's like the Cliff Notes for popular culture...

LLA said...

P.S. *LOVE* the felt thingies! A far better use of your time than the Oscars...

Diane said...

You're not the only one. I didn't watch either!

Anonymous said...

I just spent the evening working with my Girl Scout troop - sewing felt appliques onto denim bags! Felt is so easy and fun for all ages!!! Always love the ideas you have....

Unknown said...

I love your little felt thingies! A much better use of time than watching TV. I think your little felt "pillows" would make a cute mobile.