PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

My Current Obsession

This is a reverse applique' skirt I'm working on. I bought it for my birthday from Alabama Chanin. I decided the kit was the way to go since it'd probably take me forever to find thrifted t-shirts all in the same color. I'm completely in love with it and can't wait to finish. It's all hand stitched. Every last bit of it.

I've been thinking a lot lately about this blog. It's been almost three years of blogging (actually four but that was on another blog) here and because I'm going through a big change in my life, not only menopause, I'm wanting a fresh start.

The fresh start is coming about because we've decided we won't live next door to negative energy and will be selling our dream home which we'll have completed in a few months. We'll never get to live in it, but oh well!

It took me a while to get over leaving our beautiful piece of property, but now I'm really happy because I'm going to be opening up my first Maize Hutton shop! A real brick & mortar studio/retail space in Montana! It's going to be my flagship store and I'm over the moon with excitement and anticipation.

So, I have the idea of closing this blog down and moving to another space on the web which will document our move to Montana, my attempts at finding the appropriate studio/retail space and eventually announcing its opening! I haven't figured out all the details yet, but that's what's floating around in my brain right now. I'll be sure to announce it here when it's all done.

Oh, and while I'm on the subject of moving to another domain, my sister in-law recently contacted me because she wanted to purchase her name.com. She was frustrated to learn that someone already owned it and was selling it for a fortune! Have you looked up your name.com? You might want to 'cause you just never know what someone may do with it.

ps. A Violet update is coming soon!

5 comments:

Princess of Everything (and then some) said...

I am so so happy for you! Your own store...but then we knew you could do it!

Please don't leave us behind!!

Stacy said...

Yay for a Maize store! But, I'd miss your blog! And, thanks for reminding me of my own reverse applique project that I need to finish! It'll be perfect for my upcoming camping trip. :)

Junie Moon said...

Your reverse applique skirt looks like a really fun and challenging project. I look forward to seeing a picure of your finished skirt.

It is good to recognize factors that don't bring you joy in life and taking action to ensure a more positive future. Moving is not a fun process, but I do hope your new home will bring you peace and happiness. And it's very exciting about your opening a new shop.

I understand about the blogging issue. I'm trying to keep in mind that my blog serves me, I don't serve it. So, when the time comes in future that I need to move on with my life, I'll do so with no regrets.

I wish you the very best that life offers and much happiness.

Esther Sunday said...

Sign me up for all your adventures... yep, take us along! Love ya, Esther

Amy M said...

good luck in MT. i live there now and its lovely!!