PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Recycled Catalog Pages become Envelopes!

One of my fave catalogs these days is TOAST. The images are beautiful, the products awesome, but...yikes...expensive. Their catalog is the nearest thing I'll ever be able to afford! Instead of tossing into the recycling bin, I decided to tear out the pages with the photos I loved and made them into envelopes from a plastic envelope template I've been hauling around for about the past 10 years. There's tons of envelope templates on the web for free so just do a google search for one.

The latest phone books are out now and I've been thinking of ways to reuse the outdated one. Tearing out the pages and using them for paper mache' is a good idea. We'll see what else I can come up with.

4 comments:

Esther Sunday said...

Cool idea - as usual!

Unknown said...

What a wonderful idea!

Is the catalog free?

concretenprimroses said...

Great use for your pretty catalog. you can also just open up an envelope that you have and trace it.
I use old phone books to press flowers. Course you can only use so many for that. But the paper is perfect for it.
Kathy

Sharon's Cottage Quilts said...

Maize, I'm so thrilled that I found your blog!! I have seen your frayed flowers everywhere and I just happened on your site! What a delightful visit I had. My folk live in Missoula (florence, actually) and I have had such fun checking out your blog. I'll be back now that I am a follower. Blessings~Sharon