PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Coming Home

I'd like to say 'I can't believe it's been a year already' but I won't. It feels like forever since Levi left for Afghanistan. I was devastated when he called and told me he'd volunteered to deploy early. Yes, devastated, scared, terrified... yet proud. Proud that I had a son so brave and courageous to serve as a Marine. Proud that he had the courage to put his life on the line for his country.

My prayers have been answered. His year is now up and in a few days he's be returning to the USA! He'll be able to turn in his weapon for a while. I hope a long while.

He'll also be celebrating his 20th birthday over there. Can't say we're too happy about that, but his coming home will be the best birthday gift anyone could give him. I have no doubt that he's changed a lot. He'll finally be the man he was in such a rush to become. He'll always be my baby boy though. :)

I'll breathe a BIG sigh of relief and cry happy tears when he arrives. Big hugs are awaiting!

And, on another note, I thought you might want to read a few articles (this one, this one and this one) about the military dogs serving our country.
They deserve our respect and admiration also.

1 comment:

Esther Sunday said...

We are all so proud of Levi!!! Travel home safely, Levi!