The Swirly Twirly Scarf

While I was learning how to crochet flowers, I discovered that if you double crochet twice into one single crochet your work starts to curl.  And, since I'm seeing so many ruffles everywhere these days, I thought a swirly twirly scarf was in order.  This is so easy.  

Here's my pattern:
I used a size 2 hook
Mercerized Cotton yarn

Chain 200
Skip one chain and 2 double crochet in each chain until end.  
Chain 2.  Turn.  2 Double crochet in each chain until end.
Turn.  Single crochet in each chain.  Bind off.  Weave in ends.  Hope that makes sense!  


It's snowing today.  Feels like hot chocolate, fluffy quilt curled up on a couch stitching weather to me.


5 comments: said...

That came out so cute! Thanks so much for the how-to, I'll be linking.

Stef said...

Great scarf! I am loving all things ruffly and girly these days. I hope you don't mind, I linked to your project on my blog as one of my "favorite things". I'd love it if you stopped by and said hello!

Sylvia said...

What a great and super easy one night project...well one night for a newbie like me! I can't find mercerized yarn, can I substitute another kind? Also, did you use one skein? More than one?


Sara said...

I made three of these as gifts this year. Hope the recipients love them as much as I do! I will be sharing this on Friday next week at Thank you for sharing this!

Sara said...

Thanks Mazie! Excited to share this with everyone at Tangled Happy... :)