PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Seriously?


I love the Free People clothing line.  
Their catalog is full of the bohemian look I adore and grew up wearing.
When I saw this today I couldn't help but laugh.  

I hacked a pair of Levi 501s just like this back in the 1970's.  
I was in the 8th grade.  
We started refashioning our 501s by slicing up the side seam, stitching the edges and leaving the sides flappy and flared.  

It didn't take very long before we were cutting triangles of our favorite fabric to fit the opening on each side.  
I tell ya, show up in 8th grade with your Levi's hacked and people take notice.  

It caught on though.  
Soon, all the girls were cutting up their jeans and making them into skirts or purses.   
We experimented with different fabrics and embroidery stitches.
Ahh, those were the days.  
And now it all comes back around.

So, here's your DIY for the day.  Hack a pair of jeans!  :)

No comments: