PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Ten Yards I Tell You...


Try as I might, I can't stop my thrifty expeditions.  
It seems I just get rid of one box of crap 'stuff' and I bring home another.

I am a sucker for all things shaped 'house' these days.

Vintage wrapping paper and always the wooden shoes.  
I 'spose it's because of my Norwegian roots.
How many wooden shoes can one gurl own?


But, what makes this gurl's heart go pitter pat?  Oh, it's always the lace.  
Handmade crocheted lace 'bout 6 inches wide.  
Makes my heart sing.


The fact that is was tea stained from age made it even more appealing to me.


10 yards of handmade lace removed from something.  I don't know.  A tablecloth maybe?  Curtains?

TEN YARDS I TELL YOU!!!

Oy.  A lot of work.

I wanted it to have a good home as I don't believe it deserves to live in the land of misfits.  

I'm not sure what I'll use it for yet but I'm thinkin' nows 'bout time to start a lace rescue foundation.