PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Make a Doily Plate Clock



It's no secret....this gurl LOVES doilies!
Imagine my surprise when I discovered doily plates!  
Yes please!  
I decided it needed to be a clock.


What you'll need:

This is so simple.  

Battery for the clock movement.

Now for the hard part--drilling a hole in the center.
I took the easy way out and went to my local glass shop and asked them to drill a hole for me.  
For a couple of dollars they were happy to do so.  
Make sure to bring your clock movement with you so they know how wide to make the hole.

Or, if you want to drill the hole yourself, here's a tutorial on how to do it.

Just follow the instructions for assembling the clock movement and yer done!

Hang and admire your new cute clock!

I also decided to try the Sharpie technique on one of them.
  'Me Time' seemed appropriate. 
Embellish with a sharpie of any color and bake in the oven at 250 degrees for 30 min.
  
Also, if you fear making a mistake with your Sharpie, just use fingernail polish remover and a q-tip to remove any markings you don't like and start over!