PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Mexico Sketches




I took my sketchbook with me while we were in Mexico and you can definately see the Aztec influence in these little doodles. For some reason, one night all I drew were different faces. I think I'm going to make these in silver now.

I only use a black sharpie when I draw. This means that I go through a lot of paper and have to use a piece of cardboard behind the paper so it doesn't seep through, but I like the thick chunky look of the sketch. I just can't get the same look from a thin pencil.

I buy the 5x8 spiral bound sketch books (from recycled paper) and have one by my bed. Sometimes, it's fun just to sit in bed and draw. Just draw whatever comes into your mind or just let your hand direct. You'll be surprised with what happens!

No comments: