PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Blackberry Jam Time!

I was out for a walk with Violet the other day and noticed the blackberries were ready for pickin.  I rushed back to my little cottage, grabbed a strainer and a big bowl and headed out to load up.  I picked enough to make eight jars.  I found the cutest canning jars with red gingham tops but I thought they needed little bonnets too so I crocheted up a few.  

For the first time in years, my jam turned out perfecto.  Yummy!

More on Mom's European journey tomorrow.
I told ya I'd sneak in a craft.

4 comments:

Jaclyn Trecartin said...

I love the bonnets. So cute. Did you use a thin twine?


--Jaclyn T
Elegant Twig Jewellery
http://www.etsy.com/shop/trickart
http://positiveponderings.blogspot.com

Maize Hutton said...

I used rug thread. I guess that's what it's called. I found it at a yarn store and liked the color. :)

peawink said...

The bonnets are so sweet! Would you be willing to share your pattern?

Maize Hutton said...

Sure. I'll post it shortly. :)