PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Germany

Boy Scouts Switzerland
As my mom was leaving Switzerland, she snapped this shot of the Boy Scouts at the train station.  
So cute!

Glockenspeil Munich
This is the Glockenspiel in Munich.  It's pretty impressive in person.

Town Hall Munich
Town Hall Munich

Nyphenburg Palace

Nyphenburg Palace 3
I know mom was trying to frame the fountain, just wish this was a bit clearer.

By Nyphenburg Palace
Groundskeeper, Nymphenburg Palace

Dachau Gas Chamber
Dachau Gas Chamber
I contemplated not posting this, but I read in one of my mom's letters home that one of the girls on the trip with her was Jewish and refused to visit Dachau.  Remember, this was 1959 so the heartache was still fresh.  Mom wrote to her parents that she felt bad for this girl especially because she had relatives that died here.  This is a very sad and somber place.   My brother and I both visited there in 1995 and I left with my head lowered, feeling the sting in my heart with how cruel humans can be.  What really stuck with me was the sign at the gate which read "Arbeit macht frei" translated 'Work shall set you free.'
Noedingan Germany
Noedingan Germany

Noedingan Germany 2
Noedingan Germany
I couldn't find anything about this town and am not sure if she spelled it right, but that's what's on the slide.

Up next...Rothenburg.

No comments: